VTCT (ITEC) Level 3 Diploma in Aromatherapy for the Complementary Therapist
Aromatherapy is the systematic use of volatile plant oils known as essential oils for the treatment or prevention of disease. It is a form of complementary therapy designed to treat the whole person and not just the symptom or disease by assisting the body’s natural ability to balance, regulate, heal and maintain itself.
COURSE PRICE £895.00
MASSAGE THEORY & PRACTICE
- The benefits and contraindications of an aromatherapy massage
- How to blend up to 42 essential oils and 19 carrier oils
- Understand the botanical plant families that essential oils belong to and their relevance
- Identify chemical constituents for each essential oil
- Using a variety of massage techniques including pressure points and lymph drainage
- A full body massage routine and how to adapt this to different clients
A genuine desire to learn.
ITEC massage & Anatomy & Physiology or equivalent before enrolling on this course (this must have been studied within the last three years – please refer to our terms and conditions).
Please check which units you need to study and that your A&P is up to date as you may also need to undertake additional study units to complete the diploma in Aromatherapy if required – By this we mean Anatomy & Physiology, as well as other relevant units such as Business studies and Complementary Therapies
• Education to GCSE standard is desirable
• Good command of English language is desirable
• To be prepared to complete at least 5 hours home study per week
We only have small classes with no more than 10 students per class. This ensures individual attention.
Students will practice on each other initially, a model will be required for the practical exam.
8 Weekly plus additional mock assessments and practical exam to be arranged.
IS THEIR HOME STUDY?
Independent study is an essential part of this course and you will be required to do practical and theoretical home study between college sessions. You should set aside 5 hours a week for study.
- 1 assignment to complete on essential oils
- 15 aromatherapy treatments some of which will be done in class
- 45 further treatments in the form of 9 case studies
- A practical examination lasting 1 hour
10.00am – 5.00pm consecutive weekdays
ITEC Practical Examination – 1hour
WHY BOOK WITH US?
We have 18 years of experience in therapies and ten years in teaching. Our tutors are passionate about their subjects and bring you the most up to date training through our continual professional development. We also train and offer workshops in colleges, private institutions, spas, schools and local councils.
Deposit of £295.00 payable at time of booking, balance of £695 to be paid no later than 14 days prior to the course date.
The cost covers:
- Marking and assessing your portfolio
- Study and assignment notes.
- Theory exams.
- The time taken for and the uses of equipment and products at your practical assessment.
- The fees we pay to the external awarding body for your certification and testing materials.
- A friendly and relaxing environment
- Polo top
- Two folders, dividers
- Note book and pen
- Two large towels (bath sheets)
- Couch cover
- Anti-bacterial hand wash
- Anti-bacterial foot wipes
- Uniform: Escape Polo (1 complimentary for first course booked only) Black trousers (not cropped or leggings)
- A couch & trolley will be required for home practice
- PLEASE NOTE: Students will need to buy oils and essential oils to use at home. All oils necessary are available during class time.
ITEC Diploma in Aromatherapy.
When completing your qualifcation you will need insurance and you may also want to join an organisation.
The Complementary therapists Association (CTHA) approve this Level 3 qualification.
Gift Vouchers Available