VTCT (ITEC) Level 3 Diploma in Massage
The ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Massage, Anatomy & Physiology is a fast track, intensive course of study.
The Diploma is comprised of seven independent units or modules including:
ITEC Unit 340 Massage for Complementary Therapies
Students will learn how to evaluate contraindications or cautions that may restrict or prevent treatment, deliver an effective massage treatment in a safe, hygienic and professional manner.
Areas of study include:
- How to prepare for a body massage treatment.
- Through effective client consultation, learn how to respond to any presenting contra-indications and provide a safe, appropriate and comfortable massage treatment as appropriate for the individual client.
- The principles of Holistic/Therapeutic Body Massage
- Development of a holistic approach – treating the ‘mind, body and spirit’
- The correct application of massage techniques, routine and use of body posture/mechanics by the therapist, in order to prevent mechanical injuries
- The benefits of massage on a physical level
Students will be expected to show evidence of 20 case studies and 16 individual treatments – culminating in a 45 minute practical assessment from a visiting ITEC examiner.
ITEC Unit 341 Reflective Practice for Body Massage (12 treatments compiled as assignments).
ITEC Unit 346 Knowledge of Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology for Complementary Therapies. (Multiple choice theory test 50 questions – 1 hour paper, taken alongside the practical exam for unit 340).
Human Anatomy and Physiology and Pathology for Complementary Therapies, covering all major systems and their functions:
- Cell Structure, Tissue and Skin Cellular Composition
- Muscular and Skeletal Systems
- Cardiovascular – Heart and Blood Circulation
- Lymphatic System – Lymph glands and production of Tissue Fluid
- Neurological System – Brain and Nervous System
- Endocrine System – Hormonal producing organs and role of hormones in the human body
- Respiratory System – Lungs and air pathways
- Digestive System
- Genito-Urinary System – Kidneys and water metabolism
- Reproductive System
ITEC Unit 347 – Knowledge of Less Common Pathology for Complementary Therapies. (Assignment based learning, which underpins unit 346 above – this unit is set as student homework).
ITEC Unit 348 – Principles and Practice of Complementary Therapies. (Assignment based learning which allows the student to research other complementary therapies) ITEC Unit 349 – Business Practice for Complementary Therapies. (Assignment based learning – students will write their own business plan in relation to a holistic business).
A genuine desire to learn.
- Education to GCSE standard is desirable
- Good command of English language is desirable
- Time to compile 36 ‘case study’ treatments
- To be prepared to complete at least 5 hours home study per week
We only have small classes with no more than 10 students per class. This ensures individual attention.
A model will be required for the practical exam only.
10 sessions weekly daytime.
13 sessions weekly evening.
Additional lessons: Theory A&P exam, mock assessments & Practical Exam to be arranged separately once all work and case studies are completed.
IS THEIR HOME STUDY?
Independent study is an essential part of this course and you will be required to do practical and theoretical home study between college sessions. You should set aside 5 hours a week for study. Consultation forms can be downloaded for your case studies, your tutor will advise.
Tuesday weekly for 1 day a week (10 weeks)Time: 10:00am – 3:30pm
Wednesday weekly for 1 evening a week (13 weeks)
Time: 18.00pm – 10.00pm
- Practical Exam TBC
- ITEC Practical Examination – 45 minutes
- ITEC Anatomy and Physiology paper 50 question ‘multiple choice’ question paper – 1hr
- The remaining units, such as business studies are completed throughout the duration of the course and are assessed internally by the tutor – all work is then externally verified by the visiting examiner
WHY BOOK WITH US?
We have 18 years of experience in therapies and ten years in teaching. Our tutors are passionate about their subjects and bring you the most up to date training through our continual professional development. We also train and offer workshops in colleges, private institutions, spas, schools and local councils.
£1395. Deposit of £395.00 payable at time of booking, balance of £1000 to be paid no later than 14 days prior to the course date. Instalments can be arranged.
The cost covers:
- Marking and assessing your portfolio
- Study and assignment notes.
- Theory exams.
- The time taken for and the uses of equipment and products at your practical assessment.
- The fees we pay to the external awarding body for your certification and testing materials.
- A friendly and relaxing environment
- Two folders, dividers
- Note book and pen
- Three large towels (bath sheets)
- Couch Cover
- Anti-bacterial hand wash
- Anti-bacterial foot wipes
- Uniform: Black Polo/Tunic, Black Trousers, (not cropped or leggings)
- Black closed in shoes (no trainers)
- A couch & trolley will be required for home practice
ITEC Diploma in Massage.
When completing your qualifcation you will need insurance and you may also want to join an organisation.
The Complementary therapists Association (CTHA) approve this Level 3 qualification.
Gift Vouchers Available