The use of massage has been recorded in china from 3000BC it was used for the promotion and restoration of health as well as for relaxation.
In India massage has always been used as part of Ayuredic medicine. The ancient Greeks used massage as part of everyday fitness and exercise. Hippocrates (the father of medicine) believed all doctors needed to know how to use massage for healing purposes. The Romans had roman baths which were used for everyday social and business life massage was central to the whole ritual. Gladiators were given massage before and after their bouts of fighting. Julius Caesar the renowned Roman emperor had massage daily. Modern massage is based on techniques developed by Per Henrik Ling (1776- 1839) he was from Sweden and massage is still referred to as Swedish massage because of his influence.
Massage is beneficial to all the body’s systems and is a natural and effective way to treat both physical conditions and psychological problems a holistic massage would include various movements including:
• Classical Swedish techniques such as effleurage; petrissage, kneading, friction and wringing;
• Percussive techniques such as hacking, cupping, pummeling, Pounding
• Deeper pressure techniques; such as neuromuscular technique (NMT);
• Passive joint mobilizations and stretches, such as muscle energy technique (MET);
• Appropriate techniques from related bodywork traditions such as cranio-sacral therapy and shiatsu.
A massage tailored to suit your needs, blends of oils will either tone, detoxify, energise or soothe the body as they are massaged deep into the skin.
Gift Vouchers Available