ITEC SPORTS LEVEL 3 & 4 COMBINED
The skills learned on the course will enable graduates to work either within the sport and leisure industry or with other client bases unrelated to sports injuries; for example work and occupational musco-skeletal injuries.
- Pre, Post, Inter, maintenance, restorative and corrective Massage using a range of basic and advanced techniques.
- Postural assessment of each client and how their biomechanics affects their body
- Functional anatomy in order to identify various anatomical landmarks on the body including insertion and origins of muscles
- Pre and post massage Sports massage techniques to include CTM, NMT, MET, PNF Remedial exercise
- Working on dysfunctional tissue and working on recent non-acute injuries or with pre-exsisting conditions.
- Plan and evaluate Sports massage treatments
- A genuine desire to learn
- ITEC level 3 Anatomy & Physiology and Massage or equivalent before enrolling on this course (this must have been studied within the past three years
- Education to GCSE standard is desirable
- Good command of English language is desirable
- Time to compile 18 ‘case study’ treatments)
- To be prepared to complete at least 5 hours home study per week
We only have small classes with no more than 10 students per class. This ensures individual attention.
Students will practice on each other initially, a model will be required for the practical exam.
10.00am – 2.00pm Weekdays
10.30am – 4.30pm Weekends and Bank Holidays
13 weeks plus practical exam.
IS THEIR HOME STUDY?
Independent study is an essential part of this course and you will be required to do practical and theoretical home study between college sessions. You should set aside 5 hours a week for study.
Conducting subjective and Objective Assessment.
5 client consultations/assessments.
Treatment Modalities to Support Soft Tissue Repair: Assignment.
Provide Sports Massage Techniques to Prevent and Manage Injury: Evidence of 5 Treatments and Practical examination.
1 multiple choice paper 25 questions.
A practical examination lasting 1 hour.
Evidence of 3 treatments.
Assignments to include:
Principles of Health and Fitness.
Professional Practice in Sports Massage.
Understand the Principles of Soft Tissue Dysfunction.
Consultation forms can be downloaded for your case studies, your tutor will advise.
ITEC Practical Examination – 1hour.
All work is then externally verified by the visiting examiner.
Exam TBC Approx February/March 2018.
WHY BOOK WITH US?
We have 18 years of experience in therapies and ten years in teaching. Our tutors are passionate about their subjects and bring you the most up to date training through our continual professional development. We also train and offer workshops in colleges, private institutions, spas, schools and local councils.
£1750 (Includes handouts containing everything you need to know). Deposit of £300.00 payable at time of booking, balance of £1450 to be paid no later than 14 days prior to the course date. Instalments can be arranged.
The cost covers:
- Marking and assessing your portfolio and assignment notes.
- Theory exams.
- The time taken for and the uses of equipment and products at your practical assessment.
- The fees we pay to the external awarding body for your certification and testing materials.
- First Polo top
- A friendly and relaxing environment
- Folder, dividers
- Note book and pen
- Two large towels (bath sheets)
- Two hand towels
- Anti-bacterial hand wash
- Anti-bacterial foot wipes
- Escape polo (1 polo complimentary on first course booked only) and Jogging bottoms/Trousers (not cropped or leggings)
- Black trainers/closed in shoes
- A couch & trolley will be required for home practice
ITEC Level 3 Sports Massage Diploma.
ITEC Level 4 Sports Massage Certificate.
Gift Vouchers Available