ITEC Sports Massage Level 3 Diploma
The skills learned on the course will enable graduates to work either within the sport and leisure industry or with other client bases unrelated to sports injuries; for example work and occupational musco-skeletal injuries.
- The benefits and contraindications of sports massage Using forearms, knuckles and elbows to provide deeper techniques in order to treat a variety of day to day injuries as well as sports related injuries using the correct body posture and pressure
- Postural assessment of each client and how their biomechanics affects their body
- Functional anatomy in order to identify various anatomical landmarks on the body including insertion and origins of muscles
- Pre and post massage
- Sports massage techniques to include CTM, NMT, MET, PNF
- Remedial exercise
- A genuine desire to learn.
- ITEC massage including Anatomy & Physiology or equivalent before enrolling on this course (this must have been studied within the last five years)
- Education to GCSE standard is desirable
- Good command of English language is desirable
- Time to compile ‘case study’ treatments)
- To be prepared to complete at least 5 hours home study per week
We only have small classes with no more than 10 students per class. This ensures individual attention.
Students will practice on each other initially, a model will be required for the practical exam.
8 Weekly sessions plus additional, theory exam, mock assessments and practical exam to be arranged.
IS THEIR HOME STUDY
Independent study is an essential part of this course and you will be required to do practical and theoretical home study between college sessions. You should set aside 5 hours a week for study.
- Evidence of 3 treatments
- 1 multiple choice paper 25 questions
- A practical examination lasting 1 hour
Assignments to include:
- Principles of Health and Fitness
- Professional Practice in Sports Massage
- Understand the Principles of Soft Tissue Dysfunction
10.00am – 2.00pm Weekdays
5:00pm – 9:00pm Evenings
10.30am – 4.30pm Weekends and Bank Holidays
- ITEC Practical
- Examination – 1hour
- Exam TBC Approx Feburary/March 2018
- ITEC Anatomy and Physiology for Sports Massage 25 question ‘multiple choice’ question paper
WHY BOOK WITH US?
We have 18 years of experience in therapies and ten years in teaching. Our tutors are passionate about their subjects and bring you the most up to date training through our continual professional development. We also train and offer workshops in colleges, private institutions, spas, schools and local councils.
£695 (Includes a manual containing everything you need to know). Deposit of £195.00 payable at time of booking, balance of £500 to be paid no later than 14 days prior to the course date. Instalments can be arranged
The cost covers:
- Marking and assessing your portfolio
- Study and assignment notes.
- Theory exams.
- The time taken for and the uses of equipment and products at your practical assessment.
- The fees we pay to the external awarding body for your certification and testing materials.
- A friendly and relaxing environment
- Notebook and pen
- 3 Large Towels (Bath sheets)
- Antibacterial wipes
- Anti bac hand sanitiser
- Couch cover
- Uniform: Escape polo (1 polo complimentary on first course booked only) Black trousers/joggers (no cropped trousers or leggings)
- Closed in black shoes or trainers
ITEC Certificate in Sports Massage Level 3.
When completing your qualifcation you will need insurance and you may also want to join an organisation.
The Complementary therapists Association (CTHA) approve this Level 3 qualification.
Gift Vouchers Available